Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He Remembered

Yes, he remembered my birthday 2 days later. He was looking at the calendar, checking his work schedule, as I was setting the table for dinner. I heard him count the days, figuring out the current date. Then his jaw dropped and he turned pale. I heard him mumble, "Oh, my god, oh, my god...." It was all I could do not to laugh. He walked in to John and me in the living room and said, ashen faced, "Sweetie, I have something to tell you....I forgot your birthday. I can't believe it." I didn't react, I didn't get mad or sarcastic. I just said, "I know." He asked me why I didn't remind him (can you believe it????) and I told him of the UMPTEEN times I reminded him. He admitted to that, then apologized and felt so badly. He will make it up to me, he said. I told him I want a whole day for my birthday, to end in a lovely dinner with the 3 of us. I'm still figuring out what exactly I want and will let him know when I am good and ready. (:

1 comment: