Friday, June 25, 2010

Bodacious Blonde Bimbo

As you know, I'm over 40. 43 years old, to be exact.

My husband will be 50 in December. He is one of the last of his group of friends to turn 50.

We went to his friend Kevin's 50th birthday party this past Tuesday, with our two little munchkins (who were, I admit, the LIFE of the party). I knew most of the people, who were Kevin's friends and family. I did my usual - held Joseph, followed John, chatted with people, followed John, introduced myself and my boys when necessary, followed John. It was great. I didn't have to talk if I didn't want to, I could use my boys as an excuse to leave an awkward situation.

John was so so busy in Kevin's & Sheila's back yard. They have two boys, grown now, and have created their house and yard to withstand little (and huge) boys. John could do no harm. He discovered all the fountains and ponds and fish and rocks and sticks and hiding places. The yard was totally fenced in, so I didn't have to worry about him getting out. He was free to roam and play and explore and discover and dart about. There were other little children there, but they stayed with their mommies. John went to each adult and asked them, in his precious little lisp, how they were doing and did they want to see his compass (or his rock or his stick or whatever else he stuffed in his pocket). Every person knew John within one hour of us being there. It was great.

Anyway, back to me. This is really why I am writing this post. I visited with the other wives of my husband's friends, with the grandparents and children and everyone in between. I didn't notice anything unusual.

On our drive home, around 9:30, both boys were asleep. My husband told me how beautiful I looked. He said I was the prettiest, youngest-looking woman at the party. He said he couldn't believe how young I looked, that I could pass for someone in my late 20s or early 30s.

YES!!!

If you were to ask me my age, my first gut-level response would be 24. Then I have to think and re-answer. Ugh. I'm glad I look younger that I am. Except, I've been noticing the grey hair. I've been a dark blonde all of my adult life and now the dark blonde around my face is turning grey. When I was younger (0-20 years old) I was REALLY blonde. Naturally really blonde. My John is really blonde, just like I was.

I want to be that blonde again. I made an appointment with my hair "artiste", Darrell, who has been doing my hair nicely for over 10 years, for this Thurs., July 1 at 10:30 am. He is going to color my hair, get rid of the grey. But I don't want him to color it the dark dirty blonde it has become. I want to become BLONDE like I used to be. Like my John.

I want to become, again, a bodacious blonde bimbo. I was one, once. I want to become one again. If it works, I'll post photos. I don't need a boob job. Mine are big enough, even before I was nursing babies. I'm working on losing the baby weight (and puberty weight, and college weight, and living alone in my 20s weight, and partying every night in my 30s weight). I've lost almost 15 pounds since April Fools Day. I have 35 pounds to go. I'm short, so , yes, I have 35 pounds to lose. By my husband's 50th birthday in December. It can be done. 2 pounds each week. I just need to be disciplined and not eat after 7 pm. Oh, and give up chocolate. Ugh.

Bodacious Blonde Bimbo...ready or not, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, BBB!

    First, I'm 43, too - YAY, another friend of my age. Some days I feel every day of my age, other days not so much. In my head, I usually think of myself as someone in my early 30s.

    I have much more than 35 pounds to lose, but have just recently started to try to start on my own journey (I've lost about 11 pounds in the past several months). Good luck to both of us.

    And my final comment is: Your husband told you you were BEAUTIFUL???? OK, forget the handyman, your husband told you you were beautiful. Sigh. I might someday have to introduce my husband to your husband...maybe yours can give mine some pointers!

    Great post!! Go girl!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth!
    I'm so sorry I'm finally writing you! I was absolutely tickled that you like my blog. You're my first reader that reads without me having to make you! I'm surprised I never met you with all the moms I sat for. I did babysit for Nancy last summer. Such a small world. Her kids are dolls.
    I've been trying to catch up with some of your blog posts, but it seems like my schedule makes me sleepy a lot of the time!!
    It's a small world in MT. I told Meggan H when I saw her a while ago to tell you what city I'm in next time she saw you. I don't know any code on here to let you know where I'm at.
    Well, thanks for reading my blog! I'm honored!!
    Hope you're enjoying the summer!
    ~kelsy
    Ramblings of a New Nurse

    ReplyDelete