Monday, February 23, 2009

Then I got married?

My previous post made it sound as if my happy life ended when I got married. In many ways, it did. Living with my husband has definitely made me appreciate living alone for all the years that I did. Don't get me wrong...I love my husband. We were best friends for many years before we got married. We had our ups and downs, as all couples do, but we pulled through them, and I'm hoping we pull through the rest of them for as long as we live together married. (: He does get mad when I introduce him to people as "my first husband".

We were married in June, 2006, 4 months after I turned 39. We really didn't go on a honeymoon together. A sticky situation with my husband's 17 year-old son and the ex-wife made it impossible for us to get away. I'll write more about that later, maybe. Maybe not because it makes me so mad. Anyway, my husband went on our honeymoon with his high school buddies, crabbing on the Washington State coast. I went on our honeymoon to my sister's house in Portland, OR. We both had a lovely time on our honeymoons. Too bad we were apart for them. Maybe that was for the best, too. I had a blast in Portland. (:

I got "knocked up" at the end of July. I love saying that. I taught at a Catholic school, so I was thrilled to be able to say I was a "knocked up Catholic school teacher." Not many people say that. In fact, I don't know anyone else besides me who has ever said that. A bit too irreverent, I guess.

I loved being pregnant. I was able to gain 40 pounds, guilt-free, with doctor's permission. I was considered "at risk" because I was over 35. This meant I had to stop running. I had started running for the first time in my life the summer of 2006. I was loving it and losing weight. I actually started looking and feeling "hot". Then I had sex with my husband and got pregnant. That turned everything upside down. Wouldn't you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment