Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today is My Birthday

Today I turn 42 years. 42 years young, I'd like to think. I woke up with a huge zit on my upper lip. You'd think I was turning 16 or something. Ugh.

My damn husband forgot my birthday. He is out of town, I know, but every phone call from him in Montana yielded nothing about me or my birthday. And he called me 4 or 5 times. He remembered that Tiger Woods' first big golf game, after a long hiatus, was today. He was at the Bulldog Tavern in Whitefish, MT, early, just so he could have some cold beer and good seat waiting for him. No amount of reminding him helped him remember my day. I even told him exactly what I wanted and where to get them (Brooks running shoes, size 8.5, from "runner's soul" downtown). I didn't remind him today, because I actually thought he was planning a surprise. I thought his not mentioning my birthday was because he was going to surprise me with something - flowers delivered or a UPS package from Whitefish waiting for me. He forgot. He never ever mentioned my birthday. He even wondered why our voicemail was full this evening when he was trying to call for the 5th time. He was mad. Don't I erase these stupid messages? When he finally got through (he called my cell) he chewed me out. I hate him. I believe this is grounds for divorce. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. At the very least, it's grounds for some serious groveling on his part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, friend....I am so sorry for you. Sometimes we just need to take care of ourselves, so I say you go buy yourself those running shoes, and while you're at it, some very expensive accessories to go with them! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely get the running shoes yourself. That's my vote. For the rest of it, move on, I'm sure you have more pressing things. Think of those that bring you joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete